Come prepared to roll up your sleeves and participate in a highly interactive and learning-filled workshop. We will be going through Compensation Essentials I – Base Pay once again. This is the first of two stand-alone workshops with part I focused on base pay. You will apply concepts, practices and techniques that will help you create effective, equitable and organizationally aligned compensation programs.
Covered Topics include: compensation philosophy, base v. variable pay, jobs benchmarking, salary analyses, survey & data selection, pay parameters and salary ranges, positioning employee pay, addressing legal and ethical compliance issues, best & acceptable practices, FLSA and MORE …
Who should attend? Beginner to intermediate Compensation Professionals; Human Resources Professionals who would like to learn more about compensation fundamentals; Managers responsible for compensation administration and salary determinations.
WHEN: Wednesday August 26, 2020
WHERE: Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden, 909 Robert D. Ray Drive, Des Moines, IA
TIME: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Registration begins at 8:00 a.m.)
COST: $295.00 Regular Price – Early Bird Discount through Wednesday July 29: $265.00
HR Hotline Associates is an approved SHRM recertification provider. 7 SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Recertification Credits will be awarded for this workshop.
Due to the cost of set-up and materials, all cancellations must be received no later than 72 hours prior to the workshop or full price will be charged.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
– Define compensation at its fundamental level providing a historical perspective
– Describe the transactional vs. strategic elements of compensation
– Distinguish base pay from variable pay
– Discuss compensation’s role in total rewards and relationship to employee engagement
– Draft a compensation philosophy applying four key elements as defined by WorldatWork
– Conduct a salary market analysis by market pricing jobs using company information, job descriptions and survey data applying acceptable benchmarking approaches
– Develop market aligned salary ranges for benchmarked jobs
– Determine application and effective use of salary ranges
– Identify key practices and guidelines for base pay compensation administration
– Discuss legislative acts, legal considerations and compliance requirements regarding compensation programs and salary decisions
– Make salary determinations in a variety of situations applying rationale that reflect sound compensation and legally compliant practices
– Develop an on-the-job Action Plan