This is the second of the two stand-alone workshops that focus on the next level of compensation related to grade structures and hierarchies, job evaluation and grading, and variable pay. The session is highly interactive with discussion and activities specific to these compensation areas. Participants will learn about and use different tools while applying legal and ethical considerations along with best practices.
Who should attend? Beginner to intermediate Compensation Professionals; Human Resources Professionals who would like to learn more about compensation fundamentals; Managers responsible for compensation administration and salary determinations.
WHEN: Wednesday September 16, 2020
WHERE: Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden, 909 Robert D. Ray Drive, Des Moines, IA
TIME: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Registration begins at 8:00 a.m.)
COST: Early Bird Discount through Sunday, August 16: $265.00, Regular Price: $295.00
HR Hotline Associates is an approved SHRM recertification provider. 7 SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Recertification Credits will be awarded for this workshop.
Due to the cost of set-up and materials, all cancellations must be received no later than 72 hours prior to the workshop or full price will be charged.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
– Present the concept of total rewards and compensation as an element of the TR model.
– Identify pros and cons along with different methodologies for job grading
– Determine internal job value using job evaluation criteria
– Design salary ranges using market data to develop a hierarchical grade structure
– Assign job level based on internal and external evaluation
– Identify compensation philosophies that align with variable pay
– Define variable pay and how it is effectively applied
– Differentiate bonus from incentive plans and payouts
– Create a variable pay plan for a specific job group
– Brainstorm alternative compensation approaches that recognize achievement
– Apply legal and ethical considerations when designing variable pay programs
– Develop an on-the-job Action Plan